Friday, May 16, 2008

Liverpool / Hobbs hoping for new Anfield contract


Liverpool youngster Jack Hobbs is hoping to force himself into the first-team reckoning and earn a new contract.



The 19-year-old has now returned from an impressive loan spell with Scunthorpe United and is looking to make his mark under Rafael Benitez.

"I'm sure something will happen this summer. They will either extend my contract or sell me," he told the club's official website.

"I want to stay, but ultimately it comes down to playing first-team football.

come true

"I'm at the age where I want to get out there and make a name for myself.

"It would be ideal if that was at Liverpool, but we'll have to wait and see."

He added: "Overall it's been a good season. I made my first-team debut and played in the Premiership, which was a dream come true.

"I got to mark players like (Andriy) Shevchenko, (Nicolas) Anelka and (Robbie) Fowler, which was such an amazing experience.

"And I got to play in front of the Kop and at Stamford Bridge and was on the bench in the Champions League at Besiktas and Marseilles."

No comments: